Nordic Baroque Scene (LIVE STREAM)
Tuuli Lindeberg, soprano
Anders Dahlin, tenor
The Nordic Baroque Scene Orchestra
The top international baroque performers will be staring at the Nordic Baroque Scene’s launch event, held at the Musiikkitalo in Helsinki. The event will serve an inspirational cocktail of baroque and kick off an international singing competition. There will be seminars, panel discussions as well as a stunning Aria Borealis evening concert!
Nordic Baroque Scene (NBS) is a collaboration project by four Nordic baroque orchestras, Barokkanerne from Norway, Concerto Copenhagen (CoCo) from Denmark, Drottningholm Baroque Ensemble (DBE) from Sweden and Finnish Baroque Orchestra (FiBO) from Finland. The aim of the project is long term development of the Nordic baroque music scene and simultaneously create new limitless art experiences. The main coordinator of the project is Finnish production company Teatro Productions.
The launch event of the project, which is open to the public, will be held on the 25th of August 2021 at the House of Nobility and the Musiikkitalo in Helsinki. The event will comprehensively presents the Nordic Baroque Scene project as well as the special characteristics of baroque music and the traditions of Nordic vocal music through seminars and panel discussions. The panel discussions of the event will be attended by e.g. Dame Emma Kirkby, harpsichordist and artistic director of Concerto Copenhagen Lars Ulrik Mortensen and opera director Stefan Herheim. The day will culminate at the Aria Borealis evening concert, where the project’s own orchestra will perform for the first time with the soloists soprano Tuuli Lindeberg and tenor Anders Dahlin.
A new international baroque singing competition will also be launched at the event called Aria Borealis Bodø and it will be produced in collaboration with the Stormen Concert Hall in Bodø, Norway. In June 2022, Stormen will host a festival focusing on the Nordic music tradition, and in this festival the first Aria Borealis Bodø singing competition will play a significant role. The competition will be held every two years and in 2024 Bodø will be the European Capital of Culture. Additional information about the competition will be revealed at the launch event and the official website will be published on the same day.
11.00 – 11.30 Opening of the day
- music performance by the NBS ensemble (Anthony Marini, Hannah Tibell, Christian Kjos, Jussi Seppänen and Olof Larsson): Antonio Vivaldi La Folia
- opening words: 2. Chair of FiBO, Mr. Lasse Pipinen
11.30 – 13.00 Nordic Cooperation Seminar
- presentation of the NBS project and future projects: Mari Giske (Barokkanerne), Nikolaj de Fine Licht (CoCo), Olof Larsson (DBE) and Pauliina Fred (FiBO)
- info on the NBS objectives and upcomin projects: Laura Kajander (FiBO)
- about Aria Borealis Bodø: Rasmus Adrian (Stormen, Bodø)
- Nordic institutes on project funding: Nordic Culture Point and Nordisk Kulturfond
14.00 – 15.00 Panel discussion
- Aria Borealis Bodø – why do we need a new type of baroque singing competition: moderated by Torun Torbo (Barokkanerne), in the panel Nikolaj de Fine Licht (CoCo) and jury members Dame Emma Kirkby, Lars Ulrik Mortensen and Stefan Herheim
15.30 – 16.30 The special characteristics of Baroque singing
- keskustelu: Tuuli Lindeberg (Finland), baritone Anders Dahlin (Sweden) and Dame Emma Kirkby
- 19.00 – 20.15 Aria Borealis Concert
At the moment there are no places available for the seminar or the concert. Please follow the live stream!
Free admission, registration needed (the registration link is coming)
For groups: email@example.com